Wednesday 9 July 2008


The Morning’s Minion

The day’s Prince woke up;
Into the morning’s minion,
Into a dazzling dew drop
I turned, and fell asleep on
A puny leaf, fresh and green.
Pampered was I by its
Silky smoothness; but pushed
Me down the naughty breeze,
I rolled and rolled with
The whole universe within
And fell on a pretty little flower,
With its petals soft and red.
Burned within, amid this comfort
My love for my handsome Prince
Bright and blazing, who then,
Embraced me and I became
His fair cloudy companion;
Then fell on my ears a knock,
Bidding a very good morning!

8 comments:

Howling Wolf said...

Great Morning thought, well explained. Howz ur chinnu doing meanwhile

Merin Jose said...

@ fresh lime soda
thanku fr reading thru the poem frnd.....chinnu is dion well...she s with ma cuzins now...

Neena Padayatty said...

Classic!...reminded me of a poem we learned in 1st std called "Poombaatta"...
"thoughts as intense as the odour of a rose"...good work!

Merin Jose said...

@neena
thanku dear....so happy to know that u could feel the odour of this rose....!!!

Unknown said...

brings a smoothening memory of first love.

Merin Jose said...

@deepthi
hiii frnd....i appreciate ur way of analysing the poem....

Merin Jose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow wt a classic touch! so romantic. feels to caress ur poem.